4 Major Benefits of Group Health Insurance

Are you a boss or manager pondering whether it’s worth delving more into why you should provide employee benefits to your employees? Not just individual benefits for each worker, but the entire program’s conception, administration, and communication are key to a successful benefits package or group health scheme.

Employee benefit plans are a part of most companies’ standard employee welfare programs. Thus, they aim to meet the basic needs of the employees.

Benefits for Employees

For both businesses and workers, there are numerous apparent benefits to acquiring group health insurance. Here are a couple of examples.

Low Premium

Group health insurance has lower premiums and a lower cost of getting coverage, and it gives the same level of protection as more expensive personal insurance coverage. All of us know that an insurance premium is greatly influenced by an uninsured person’s risk profile.

Premiums would be higher if the risk profile was higher. However, the level of risk is certainly lowered since the risk is equally spread among the group health insurance group, letting each person be insured at a far lower cost than having personal insurance. Learn more about the employee benefits package right here.

Cheaper Add-On

Other benefits of health insurance are less expensive to add other features to the policy coverage. For example, dental, mental, and optical care insurance can be purchased separately at a cost that is far less than that of personal insurance.

Pre-Existing Conditions

When an employee signs up for group health insurance, the best part about it is obtaining coverage and making claims even if he has pre-existing conditions or is suffering from an existing illness. Unfortunately, some insurance companies would decline applications from people revealing signs of health problems, contrary to getting a personal health insurance policy coverage.

There is usually a 12-24 month gap in personal insurance claims or applications. No claims can be filed based on pre-existing conditions, which is not the case with group health insurance. Know more about group insurance here.

Tax Benefits

Employer-paid premiums are not included in the estimation of taxable pay. However, if a person uses their own money to buy a personal health insurance policy, this is usually considered taxable compensation.

The significant benefit of group health insurance for workers is that all premiums paid are fully tax-deductible and are included in the employee’s pay. The Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) allows a person to remain covered for 18 months after being laid off. An ex-employee is only required to pay 35% of the premium, with the government covering the remaining 65%.

Personal health insurance is far inferior to group health insurance. Therefore, it is crucial that every organization joins this protection plan and gives enough coverage for all of their workers in case of disease or accident. In addition, it would help in the creation of a much better and more comfortable working environment. Workers understand the benefits of this type of policy coverage and would feel more at ease working in such conditions. Visit them and check their “what we offer” for more information.


There’s no reason why an employee must not invest additional funds to provide this kind of benefit to their employees. It can be a liberating feeling to have more peace of mind and comfort knowing that the employer is looking out for the best interests of his employees. It’s a financial investment that will pay off well for both the employee and the company. If you own a business, investing in group policy insurance for your workers could be the greatest thing you can do for them.